If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fantastic health giving smoothie to start the day and alkalise your body. Grapefruit is high in healthful enzymes and can help to increase the bodies metabolism so also good for weight loss and management. If you suffer from symptoms relating to arthritis then grapefruit is also good for this because it contains salicylic acid that helps break down the bodies inorganic calcium (grittiness in muscle tissue and joints). Grapefruit juice likes to scavenge on cancer causing free radicals too and is a great for detoxing in general. In this smoothie there is also a blend of dried greens powder including barley grass, wheat grass, hemp grass (please not not the type that is illegal), and broccoli powder. If you do not have the 'drink your greens blend' you can also add a green blend of your choice, though I recommend barley grass as it's very alkalising and full of good nutritional value. —kirsty wright
- 1 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon soaked goji berries
- 1 teaspoon drink your greens powder
- 1 teaspoon soaked linseeds
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon bee manna (link below)
- 1 teaspoon soaked sesame seeds
- 1 bunch soaked seaweed
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup frozen berries or blackberries (blueberries work well)
- Blend well in a highspeed blender of your choice. I recommend the Vitamix blender though a magic bullet is cheaper. I buy my bee manna (royal jelly) from rawliving.eu