If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Key is massage. You really need to massage with dressing. Because Kale doesn't contain much water, they would not become soggy by doing that. It gets taste better if you make it hours before. I sometimes make a lot and eat next day. Great pot luck dish too. You also substitute almonds to your favorite nuts, and any dry fruits. I sometimes add fresh mango. I also like to add chia seeds or hemp seeds in the dressing. —mayuchico
- 1/2 bunch Kale
- 1/2 cup Almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries or raisens
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped ( about half small onion)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Wine or rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup Olive or Canola oil or mix of both
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger ( about a half thumb size )
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- some dash of black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar or 1 teaspoon of honey
- For kale, take off the stems and torn into a bite size.
- Make dressing: In a jar, mix salt, pepper, sugar ( or honey ), Dijon mustard, and vinegar and shake well. Add oil and chopped onion and shake very well until dressing until the texture get thick and smooth. Add a tablespoon of curry powder and mix again.
- In a bowl, mix kale, cranberries and nuts. Pour the dressing over, and mix with both hand very very well until the kale become soft.