If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a gluten free raw fridge cake, it is a moist succulent sponge recipe and perfect for any occasion. When I saw gluten free it does have raw oat flour which is made by soaking oat groats, dehydrating and then milling. If you are highly sensitive to oats then use more coconut flour instead and omit the oats. —kirsty wright
Chocolate Sponge Cake
- 1 cup dehydrated raw oat flour (made from oat groats)
- 1 cup raw coconut flour
- 5 dates (blended in vitamix with a little water)
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup coconut butter melted
- 1/2 pint vegeset (carrageen)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
Hazlenut Whipped Topping
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegeset
- 1 tablespoon hazlenut extract
- In a food processor blend all the dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Slowly add the coconut butter while it is still running. Prepare the vegest by adding a teaspoon of the vegeset into the vitamix and add a little cold water. Boil the kettle and then add 1/4 pint of hot water and blend well, allow the vegeset to cool down until your little finger feels warm but not hot, add this to the cake mix and blend well. The cake mix should mix until it forms a ball in the food processor. Prepare a 9" flan tin by lining it with non pvc plastic wrap. Put the mix into the tin and press down lightly. Try not to compress the cake mix too much, we want this cake to be nice and light and fluffy. Transfer to the fridge.
- Hazlenut Whipped Topping In a vitamix blend all the ingredients and prod until nice and smooth. Again you want to prepare the vegeset as instructed and add last, this will give the topping a nice jelly creamy texture. Transfer to the freezer to set for 15 minutes, or in the fridge for 1 hour. You can use this mix to either smooth onto the cake or pipe as you wish.