If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: quick, easy, and satisfying, (having a lower gluten content), these rustic barley chocolate chippers will guarentee happiness! Crunchy, chocolatey, and perfectly sweetened is the secret to these beauties. —AlexisA.B.
Makes over half a dozen
- 4 tablespoons organic butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 4 Tbs flour (half organic barley, half organic white spelt flour)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 tablespoons organic cinnamon
- 1 pinch baking soda
- half organic fair trade 71% dark chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbs organic raw turbino sugar
- 1. Heatproof oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl measure out your flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda; stir until mixed and set aside.
- 2. In a small heatproof bowl melt your butter; meanwhile in medium bowl crack your egg, add vanilla, olive oil, sugar and beat until thoroughly mixed. When butter is melted mix in while whisking.
- 3. Roughly chop the chocolate, add your flour mixture to the wet mixture, after thoroughly mixed add the chunked chocolate.
- 4. Get out your preferred baking sheet, and measure batter with a tsp. size spoon place on baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 min. After your crunchiness desired texture is met, let cool for couple minutes and enjoy!