If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: delicious and healthy breakfast pancakes. —honeyhoney
Makes 1 serving
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 blood orange
- 1/2 banana (mashed)
- 30 milliliters coconut milk
- a few tablespoons vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon blood orange zest
- coconut oil for cooking
- pinch ground cardamom and cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together. in a separate bowl add the ricotta, mashed banana, egg whites and milk and chia seeds and whisk. combine the two mixtures together and combine well, no lumps.
- Heat a pan and spray grease with a bit of coconut oil Dollop the batter into 3-4 pancakes (the batter should be pretty thick) and cook for about 2 minutes per side. serve with stewed blood orange segments and coconut flakes and any other desired nuts, butter, or syrup!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut