If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Why don't you....pack layers of crisp corn cakes, berries and yogurt cream into a lidded glass, stash it in the fridge for a bit and eat it for breakfast? —Laurie
- 1 packet Jiffy® Cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup blueberry Greek yogurt
Berry Compote and Yogurt Cream
- 2 cups frozen blueberries or triple berry mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons blueberry Greek yogurt
- Put cornbread mix in bowl. 2. Mix all wet ingredients together and add to dry. Stir just until combined. Let sit for 10 minutes. 3. Pour by tablespoonfuls onto medium-hot griddle to make 3 inch pancakes. Flip when bubbles appear and cook for another few minutes but don't undercook - you may need to turn heat down to make sure these cook all the way through. Set aside on plate (no need to keep warm).
- Put 1 cup of berries and other ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil, turn heat down and cook for 5 minutes on low. Add remaining cup of berries and simmer for another 5 minutes. Pour into a heatproof dish to cool.
- Put cream and yogurt in a bowl and whip with electric mixer until soft peaks form (you may be tempted to add sugar to this but I advise against it - the completed trifle is plenty sweet. )