If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Martha Stewart's Lavender Lemonade with Rhubarb Tea, a spirit from Art in the Age. (original Lavender Lemonade recipe here: http://www.marthastewart.com/340235/lavender-lemonade —I Can Cook That
- 4 lemons
- 1/2 cup dried lavender
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 6 ounces Rhubarb Tea
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from two lemons.
- Squeeze the juice from the 4 lemons (about 2/3 cup juice) and set aside; be sure to strain in case any seeds got in.
- Add 5 1/2 cups of water and the lemon zest to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the lavender.
- Partially cover the pot and lower the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl. Strain the liquid over the sieve, pressing on the herbs to extract all the liquid.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the honey until it dissolves. Allow to cool completely.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces Rhubarb Tea to each glass.
- Fill with the Lavender Lemonade and serve.