If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my son wanted a lesson in making his favorite meat balls. This is a give or take recipe that a 24 year old on a budget can add or subtract from.... —cookbooksareforeveryone
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground veal (or turkey)
- 1 pound ground lamb (or beef)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 large onion--grated
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons worcheshire
- 1/2 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsely
- 2 tablespoons spicy ketchup (optional)
- 1/2 prserved lemon (totally optional)
- wash your hands and in a big bowl mush all together/chill / Make a da meatballs--you should make about 24 of them in a big heavy frying pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and put bit of onion slice carefully add the meatballs(do not crowd --do this in at least two batches) and cook for about ten minutes total as you carefully use a spoon to move them around and brown on all sides. remove to a plate. deglaze the burned onion and bits with two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. remove from heat. Add to tomato sauce....see next.
- For tomato sauce. In a large pot add two large cans of good crushed tomatoes, 1/3 cup red wine /two tablespoons brown sugar, a few chopped cloves of garlic/ three tablespoon of chopped herbs (oregano/basil/parsely) Simmer sauce until reduced by about half. Salt /pepper/ brown sugar to taste. Add meat balls to sauce and cook for 1/2 hour. Serve with al dente pasta and fresthly grated parmesan. Be prepared to be loved....xoxox