If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The red colour of this drink is amazing and couldn't be more in tune with the Christmas colours. The pairing of the cranberries and vodka is also very nice, tart and strong. Perfect drink for Christmas, and a beautiful gift as well. Do remember that it needs 7 days of maceration so when cranberries appear on the market stalls it's time for Santa's Vodka. —Maria Teresa Jorge
Serves: 1 litre jar
cup fresh orange juice
cups brown sugar
Orange - zest
- Wash the orange and zest it so you have thin strips of orange. Don't use the grater use a 5 whole head zester.
- In a large pot over medium heat bring the water, orange juice, ugar and cranberries to a boil. Add the orange zest, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a 1 litre jar ,with a tight fitting lid, pour the cranberry sauce. Add the vodka, mix and close the jar hermetically.
- Macerate in the fridge for 7 days. Serve as an aperitif with or without an ice cube. Can be kept in the freezer as the vodka doesn't freeze.
- For gift, bottle in transparent bottles and divide the fruit and zest between the bottles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Punch