Author Notes: Inspired by the ingredients found at my local Asian market, this recipe is superb tossed with grilled chicken wings. Increase the amount of minced Thai chilies to turn up the heat (if you dare). I find the ratios I use to be a perfect blend of spicy, savory and sweet. Enjoy! —Mark X
Makes: enough sauce to coat 2-3 pounds of wings.
cup Minced Thai Chilies
tablespoons Grated Fresh Ginger
cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
cup Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
teaspoons Soy Sauce
cup Butter (cubed)
- In a medium sized sauce pan, bring to a boil the Thai chilies, grated ginger, seasoned rice vinegar and sugar
- Once liquid is reduced by half, add the Mae Ploy sauce and soy sauce, return to boil and let steep for 15 minutes
- Take pan off heat and whisk in cubed butter
- Toss with grilled chicken wings that have been simply seasoned with salt and black pepper. It's important to toss this sauce with wings that have been fully cooked and hot off grill. Using sauce during the grilling process will cause sugars to burn.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue