If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Found on Simply Recipes —Gwen Yager
- 4 potatoes
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Bake the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub the potatoes clean under running water. Poke each potato in several places with the tines of a fork so that they don't explode when cooking. Rub the potatoes with some olive oil. Place directly on the top rack of the oven. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through. They should give a little when pressed.
- If you are including bacon as one of your mix-ins, while the potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon in a frying pan on medium low heat for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Let cool. Crumble.
- Allow the potatoes to cool, should feel cool when touched. Slice the top third lengthwise off the potatoes. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, forming a canoe shape. Leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the skin.
- Place the scooped out potato insides, sour cream, milk, cream, and butter into a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher. Do not over beat the potatoes, as they can become glue like.
- Mix in the extras with the potatoes. Reserve some of the extras to sprinkle on the tops of the potatoes. Spoon fillings into the potato shells. Sprinkle with extra toppings.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place potatoes on a roasting pan and bake 15-20 minutes until heated through.
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes