tablespoons maple syrup
teaspoons olive oil
tablespoon fish sauce
teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
garlic clove, minced
In This Recipe
- Sprinkle salmon steaks with sugar and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, mix together sugar, maple syrup, and water into a large frying pan. Heat on medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Then mix together, olive oil, fish sauce, and minced garlic clove. Add to above and reduce heat.
- Add salmon, sprinkle pepper on both sides. Reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered turning fish halfway through. Stir sauce often until caramelized.
- After, remove salmon from heat and sprinkle with fried shallots and sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve with jasmine rice.