If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: homemade yogurt with no machine needed —g2food
Makes: 2 pots
liter full fat pasteurized milk
tablespoon plain/unflavored yogurt (at room temperature)
- Heat the milk to the boiling point... and keep simmering on low heat for 20 minutes...
- pour the milk into your earthenware pots... and let cool to lukewarm (45 C)
- at this moment,you may add 1 tablespoon of yogurt-diluted with 2-3 tablespoons of lukewarm milk, into our pots very gently,pouring down the side, so that any skin that may have formed on top is not disturbed...
- Cover with a clean dishtowel,then wrap with a thicker cloth... and leave to rest for 5 hours...
- put in the fridge without the lids,and leave it for a day!