For pork roast:
- Sprinkle the following onto a piece of wax paper: dry mustard, garlic powder, and pepper
- roll the roast in the mustard mixture
- cook for 2 1/2 hours at 350 degrees
- chain fat off the bottom then make gravy as you would with chicken.
- remove fat from bottom of the roaster
- add water to roaster and bring to a boil
- in a glass measuring cup mix together flour, and warm water until you are able to pour the mixture. However, make sure it isn't too runny. Add salt and pepper.
- whisk into boiling water in roaster and boil a bit until the gravy is a bit runnier than you want. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally. It will thicken some more.