If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband loves "angry eggs" on the golf course; hard boiled eggs soaked in a combo of vinegar and hot sauce for several hours. It's a healthy and tasty snack (and he says they're good luck - hmmmm) Chopping them up for egg salad adds tart and spicy flavors, to the rich egg and mayonnaise ingredients. Adjust your hot sauce to make the eggs even "angrier". —secretsofahomecook
- 8 large eggs
- 1 pint apple cider vinegar (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 scallion, trimmed and chopped
- salt for seasoning, sliced bread for sandwiches
- Gently place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water and a lid. Over high heat, bring water to a boil, then turn heat off and let eggs rest in the water for 8 minutes. Remove and peel. Place warm eggs in a bowl with the vinegar and hot sauce. Cover and chill 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Cut the angry eggs in half and place the yolks in a medium bowl. Add the mayo and mash with a fork until smooth. DIce egg whites and add to mayo mixture along with celery and scallions. Season with salt if necessary.
- Place angry egg salad on bread for sandwiches.