cup granulated sugar
tablespoon freshly grated ginger
large ripe mangos, peeled, chopped
ounces Lite coconut milk
cup freshly squeezed (squoze?) lime juice or more to taste
- In a saucepan, bring the water, sugar and ginger to a boil. Reduce heat and keep at a low boil for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Puree the mango with the cooled ginger simple syrup until smooth. Add the coconut milk and lime juice and mix well. Add more lime juice to taste.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow freezing instructions.
- At this point (if you can't wait) the sorbet can be eaten as a softer sorbet or put it in the deep freeze for a harder consistancy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut