Author Notes: I love any time of dip, spread, snack, etc. sooooo I wanted to try a new spin on my mid-day snack which usually consists of peanut butter or some type of nut butter w/ bananas on toast. This almond butter is a tropical experience, chock full of toasted coconut and bananas for a hint of natural sweetness. —misschels
Makes: 3 cups
cups unsalted, dry roasted almonds
large ripe banana
teaspoon fine sea salt
tablespoons melted coconut oil
cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the coconut out evenly over the baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the almonds on high until they begin to break down and form a smooth paste, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the sliced banana and process again. At this point, the almond butter will start to clump up again. Process for another 3 minutes until smooth, then slowly stream in the melted coconut oil.
- Process for an additional minute until a smooth butter has formed.
- Fold in about ½ c. to ¾ c. of the toasted coconut, reserving the rest for topping. Spread on a piece of gluten-free toast and top with extra sliced bananas and toasted coconut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut