If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love any time of dip, spread, snack, etc. sooooo I wanted to try a new spin on my mid-day snack which usually consists of peanut butter or some type of nut butter w/ bananas on toast. This almond butter is a tropical experience, chock full of toasted coconut and bananas for a hint of natural sweetness. —misschels
Makes: 3 cups
cups unsalted, dry roasted almonds
large ripe banana
teaspoon fine sea salt
tablespoons melted coconut oil
cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the coconut out evenly over the baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the almonds on high until they begin to break down and form a smooth paste, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the sliced banana and process again. At this point, the almond butter will start to clump up again. Process for another 3 minutes until smooth, then slowly stream in the melted coconut oil.
- Process for an additional minute until a smooth butter has formed.
- Fold in about ½ c. to ¾ c. of the toasted coconut, reserving the rest for topping. Spread on a piece of gluten-free toast and top with extra sliced bananas and toasted coconut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut