If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This shortbread started as a crust for a pie and ended up in a starring role because it's so delicious. A simple chocolate topping with raw coconut make for a sublime treat. —Laurie
Makes 9 pieces
Coconut Graham Crust
- 9 sheets (one sleeve) graham crackers, broken up
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup raw coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Greek-style vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate (chips or grated)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup raw coconut flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Put first 6 ingredients in a food processor and blend until crumbly. Add yogurt and turn machine on, adding butter as it processes (it will resemble wet sand). Press into bottom of 8" springform pan, pressing down to compact. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and set aside.
- Heat cream over low heat until bubbles appear around the edges. Add chocolate and stir until completely smooth. Pour over cooled crust, sprinkle with sea salt and coconut flakes. Cool before serving.
More Great Recipes: Desserts