If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When asked what my favorite food is, I most always say Thai, especially Thai Coconut Curry Soup. I love the blend of sweet with spicy. The flavors are deep and rich, like a good comfort food. We have a great little public house restaurant near our home where they serve this delicious Thai coconut curry chicken soup. I bought a small cup of it to bring home to try my hand at replicating the recipe, simply from taste. I’m pretty proud of my efforts. The words out of my husband’s mouth were, “Oh…mmm…this is good…really good! Isn’t it satisfying to make good food?” "Yes, it is," I replied with a smile. —Laurie_GlutenFreeYummy
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk (lite)
- 2 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ginger (freshly grated)
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 juice from freshly squeezed lime
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups fully cooked Jasmine rice
- 2 chicken breasts-fully cooked and chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- n a medium saucepan, cook Jasmine rice.
- In a large pot, combine coconut milks, chicken broth, ginger, and lemongrass. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add cooked chicked, mushrooms, fish sauce, sugar, chili paste, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add lime, cilantro and cooked jasmine rice. Salt to taste and garnish with freshly cut basil.