Author Notes: This dish is a real winner and is a great alternative to veal. —tkcuisine
cups fresh breadcrumbs
cups grated parmesan cheese
tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt
Oil or butter for pan-frying
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on a chopping board. Sit the lamb schnitzels on top, sprinkle with a little water and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Beat to an even thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and herbs together.
- Dust each schnitzel with seasoned flour. Dip into the beaten egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Heat enough oil or butter to just coat the base of a frying pan and quickly pan-fry the crumbed schnitzels over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and arugula salad tossed with exvoo, lemon, parm and s&p