If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is a real winner and is a great alternative to veal. —tkcuisine
- 6 lamb schnitzels
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt
- Oil or butter for pan-frying
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on a chopping board. Sit the lamb schnitzels on top, sprinkle with a little water and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Beat to an even thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and herbs together.
- Dust each schnitzel with seasoned flour. Dip into the beaten egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Heat enough oil or butter to just coat the base of a frying pan and quickly pan-fry the crumbed schnitzels over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and arugula salad tossed with exvoo, lemon, parm and s&p