If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Spanish twist on an Italian classic that is easy enough to be a week night staple. It was discovered after learning the ways of proper Italian Carbonara from a fiery Italian Grandma and coming home ravenous with only chorizo and a jar of mustard in the fridge. —Heather Strain
handfuls dried spaghetti
pound cured Spanish chorizo, roughly chopped
pinch Thyme, dried or fresh
cup grated parmesan cheese
cracked black peper
- In a sauce-pan, bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti to taste.
- While spaghetti is cooking, mix in a bowl the butter, egg yolks, parmesan cheese, and thyme together. It should be the consistency of a thick cake batter. If not, add a bit more butter.
- Drain the pasta and set aside. Add the chorizo to the sauce pan over a medium heat, no need for oil. Once the chorizo is lightly brown, turn the heat to low.
- Add the pasta and butter egg mixture to the pan quickly. Toss until coated then remove from heat.
- Serve with fresh cracked black peper.