Author Notes: My two sons consider December the "happiest time of the year" because during the holidays I bake these cookies. My mother named the Hello Dolly Squares, which is a silly name, but it has stuck and I look forward to making these wonderful coconut treats every winter. —Mary Pisarkiewicz
Makes: 48 cookies
cups Unsalted butter
cups Graham cracker crumbs
ounces Coconut milk
ounces Package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
ounces Can of flaked coconut
cup Chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 13” x 9” glass Pyrex pan, place the stick of butter and put the pan in the oven to melt the butter. Watch it so that the butter just melts and doesn’t boil.
- Remove pan from oven with the melted butter and swirl around, up the sides of the pan 1/2” and set on a level surface.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly all over the bottom surface.
- Pour on the coconut milk evenly all over the crumbs.
- Top evenly with the coconut, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Press down gently on the top surface.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting.
- Store in a wax paper lined tin at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut