If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My two sons consider December the "happiest time of the year" because during the holidays I bake these cookies. My mother named the Hello Dolly Squares, which is a silly name, but it has stuck and I look forward to making these wonderful coconut treats every winter. —Mary Pisarkiewicz
Makes 48 cookies
- .5 cups Unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1–14 ounces Coconut milk
- 1-6 ounces Package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-3.5 ounces Can of flaked coconut
- 1 cup Chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 13” x 9” glass Pyrex pan, place the stick of butter and put the pan in the oven to melt the butter. Watch it so that the butter just melts and doesn’t boil.
- Remove pan from oven with the melted butter and swirl around, up the sides of the pan 1/2” and set on a level surface.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly all over the bottom surface.
- Pour on the coconut milk evenly all over the crumbs.
- Top evenly with the coconut, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Press down gently on the top surface.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting.
- Store in a wax paper lined tin at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut