If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As long as I remember, my mum has always made this cake for me, whenever i was upset or ill as a kid. I love chocolate and coconut, so why not combine them in a nice rich and hearty cake. I used to always watch her make it and now this cake is one that I always go back to, whenever I have friends over. It is perfect with a cup of tea or why not a glass of milk as I always have. This cake is perfect to make in big oven trays, to cut up in nice squares and bring with you as dessert for a picnic or a gathering at a friends house. —theflamingpotato
Ingredients for the chocolate cake
tablespoons cocoa powder
teaspoons vanilla sugar or vanilla paste
Ingredients for the coconut and almond glaze
tablespoons roasted almond flakes
cup golden syrup
milliliters double cream
- 1- Begin with whisk butter and sugar for the cake until creamy in the consistence, then add one egg at a time and whisk for 10 second each. Preheat the oven at 180 C degrees.
- 2- Sift the flour, vanilla sugar and cocoa powder and fold it in the wet mix. Then put it in a square baking tin.
- 3- Bake the cake for about 15 minutes until done. It is ok if it is not completely done in the middle as this is suppose to be little sticky and runny in the middle.
- 4- While the cake is baking in the oven you can make the glaze. Simply add all the ingredients in a sauce pan and stir on medium heat. Let it come to a boil and then turn down to low heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5- Take out the cake when done and spread the coconut glaze over it and put it bake in the oven for another 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut