1. optional - if you like more coconutty flavor lightly toast a handful of coconut in a the oven while it is preheating.
2. blend milk, cream cheese, vanilla, and spices until completely blended and there are no cream cheese lumps.
3. add egg, blending on low until incorporated.
4. add coconut and amendments (including the toasted coconut if you choose) - chocolate chips here, but also good with same volume of chopped nuts, dried cranberries, diced crystallized ginger, diced dried apricots.
5. mixture should hold together in a ball when pinched. scoop out with an ice cream scoop, forming ½ ball mounds (so you get chewy center with crisp edges) and put on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Space the about an inch apart (they do not spread).
6. bake for 18-20 minutes in a 425 oven. let cool on the cookie sheet