If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great chewy, delicious cookie that has a little jolt of caffeine, making it acceptable to serve as a dessert cookie or tasty breakfast treat. Great combined with coffee or tea, and everyone finds this cookie delicious! Made with coconut, it contains no dairy for those with lactose-intolerance or sensitivity. —maiah03
Makes 3-4 dozen
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1-3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 3 tablespoons stong brewed coffee or espresso, cooled
- 2 cups semisweet or other nondairy chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup hazelnuts or macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups oats
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Cream softened coconut oil, sugar and coconut milk together, then add eggs and beat well.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and oat bran. Mix in the wet ingredients, then stir in coffee, chocolate chips, oats and nuts.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoon-sized portions of cookies, spacing them out on the cookie sheets and slightly pressing them flat. bake 14-18 min or until lightly golden. Let cool and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut