If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ?asy, light and moist Lemon Curd Coconut Bars. The perfect recipe for a snack or not! —mookies
Makes 16 pieces
For the crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3,6 ounces oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180° C (355° F) degrees
- Grease and line with parchment paper a baking pan 20x20 cm (8-inch square).
- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add melted cool butter and egg, mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Spread and press the dough evenly into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
For the lemon cream:
- 8,5 ounces lemon curd in room temperature
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 5 ounces unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- unsweetened flaked coconut for sprinkling
- Mix well with a fork or mixer, lemon curd, beaten eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in the sifted corn starch to dissolve. Add evaporated milk and lemon juice, stir well to incorporate.
- Finally add coconut and pour lemon curd over partially baked crust and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle about 1 handful coconut over filling and place in the oven. Bake 20-25 minutes or until topping has set and coconut is lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut