If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's nothing more comforting than a plate of warm gooey bread pudding and this mango coconut bread pudding kicks the comfort level up a notch. —Cupcakes Cocktails & Kids
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 day old baquette or Italian bread (cubed)
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 15 oz can of cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Cut your bread in 1 inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Peel and cut the mangoes. In a blender add your eggs, 2 of the peeled and sliced mangoes, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and cream of coconut. Blend until all the ingredients are nicely mixed together. Pour the custard mixture into the bread bowl and allow the bread to soak it all up. Add half of the other mango into the mixture (save the other half for garnish). Spray your round pan or casserole dish with non stick spray and pour the mixture in it. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes. Half way into your baking time slightly mash up any bread that wasn’t fully soaked into the custard. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top. For the last 15 minutes of bake time the brown sugar will caramelize into a beautifully golden crust.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut