Author Notes: When you can't get away from your busy life to vacation this plate brings you the next best thing. Its a tropical vacation on a plate! —Dannine Olguin
cup oilve oil
cups Coconut milk
cup chopped onion
mashed garlic cloves
cup white sugar
cup tomato paste
cups lemon juice
In This Recipe
- Soak the fish with sea salt, 3 mashed garlic cloves and 2 cups of lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Spray a deep pan with nonstick spray and add in 1/3 a cup of olive oil.
- Next sauté the onion till almost browned.
- Next add in the coconut milk, sugar and tomato paste. Mix it and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Take the fish and add about 1/8 of the liquid and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with the sauce over it and decorate with a spring of cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut