If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I remember standing in the kitchen with my Grandmother making these for Christmas. We lived in the northeast where we had cold long days and this candy always made me think of summer. One thing I love about these is that my Grandmother would make them and then put them outside in her cold closet and just like freezing a 3 Musketeers, they tasted great when they froze a little!! —squirrellee
Makes 10 dozen
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 sm. bottle maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 can moist coconut
- 1 quart chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 pound Butter
- 1 Box of semi-sweet Chocolate
- 1 plank Gulf paraffin
- Mix sugar, butter and milk until creamy. Add vanilla, pecans, cherries and coconut. Mix thoroughly. Chill well. Roll into small balls, place on cookie sheet - keep refrigerated to stay firm. In double boiler, melt paraffin and chocolate, stirring well. Dip each ball into the paraffin mixture. Place on waxed paper to cool and harden. Store in waxed paper lined tin.
More Great Recipes: Candy