Author Notes: Blueberry muffins with cornmeal, sweetened with honey and topped with a crispy, sugary shell. The perfect combination of sweet and a little savory. —Sweet District
cups fresh blueberries
cup unsalted butter at room temperature
cup light brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
cup whole milk
cups all-purpose flour
cup yellow cornmeal
teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare muffin tins.
- Beat butter, sugars, and honey in a large bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Add one egg at a time and continue to beat for one minute.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter and sugars a little at a time, beating at a low speed until combined. Continue beating slowly while adding milk and vanilla.
- Gently stir in blueberries until evenly distributed.
- Divide batter into muffin cups. Brush muffin tops with cold milk. Sprinkle each with granulated sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until muffins are golden brown and tester comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Serve.