If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is based on a favourite South African dessert, the good old Peppermint crisp tart. Turning it into ice cream sandwiches not only gives a nod to the new 'double dessert' trend but also makes a great treat for outdoor barbeques (or as 'braais' as we call them in South Africa!). —The Kate Tin
milliliters caramel or dulce de leche
peppermint chocolate bar, crushed or chopped
- Beat the cream until stiff then fold in the caramel and peppermint chocolate, leaving a few swirls. If you can't get hold of peppermint chocolate, simply substitute for chopped or grated chocolate and 1 or 2 drops of peppermint essence or liqueur.
- Freeze the mixture in a lined 20 x 20cm baking dish so it’s about 2cm thick, until firm.
- Once firm, arrange the biscuits on top and cut the ice cream into squares.
- Remove each square, sandwiching another tennis biscuit on the bottom of each ice cream slice. Arrange on a baking tray and freeze again until firm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts