Author Notes: This is my go-to recipe for sorbet. You can improvise easily, using crushed strawberries and reducing the citrus juice to 3 tablespoons. Or used crushed peaches in season, or any other fruit you wish. A very versatile recipe. Guests always love it, and it makes quite a lot. I am not sure where this recipe comes from. I have it written by hand in an old notebook. —thirdchild
Makes: at least one quart.
cup lemon juice
cup lime juice
tablespoons lemon and lime rind
- Stir together sugar, lemon and lime juices, and rind in medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Chill until cold, about 4 hours.
- Process in ice cream maker.
- Transfer to container with lid and freeze. The sorbet will thicken after a few hours.
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream/Frozen Desserts