If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go-to recipe for sorbet. You can improvise easily, using crushed strawberries and reducing the citrus juice to 3 tablespoons. Or used crushed peaches in season, or any other fruit you wish. A very versatile recipe. Guests always love it, and it makes quite a lot. I am not sure where this recipe comes from. I have it written by hand in an old notebook. —thirdchild
Makes at least one quart.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon and lime rind
- 4 cups buttermilk
- Stir together sugar, lemon and lime juices, and rind in medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Chill until cold, about 4 hours.
- Process in ice cream maker.
- Transfer to container with lid and freeze. The sorbet will thicken after a few hours.
More Great Recipes: Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts