If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Asian short ribs are some of the easiest but most succulent short ribs you will ever taste!! Basically you throw everything into a crock pot and let them cook and tenderize. Reduce the cooking liquid into a tasty syrup and put atop some yummy creamy polenta!! ENJOY!!! —Laurenzim
- 6 pounds Short Ribs
- 3 cups Beef Stock
- 6 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 10 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 knob of ginger shaved
- 4 star anise (optional)
- Heavily salt and pepper the short ribs. Brown one at a time in a heavy pot. Be sure to turn to get each side browned slightly. Remove and add to empty crockpot when finished.
- Make the sauce for the beef by adding each ingredient listed and give them a good stir together. Once combined, add to crockpot on top of short ribs.
- Cook Short ribs on high 5-7 hours or on low 8-10. You will know they are done when the beef falls off the bone.
- Remove meat from bone and cover and set aside.
- skip the oil/fat off the top of the remaining cooking liquid in the crockpot. Once you have a majority of the fat off the top, strain with a fine strainer.
- Put the remaining liquid into a heavy pot and reduce for 15-20 mins until a heavy syrup forms.
- Use this syrup to dress meat. I usually serve on top of creamy polenta (recipe in collection to come) or potatoes.