If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This blend of chipotle mussels is absolutely delish!! It's a fresh blend of cilantro, chipotle peppers, and fire roasted tomatoe that you can use some tasty garlic bread to soak up the juices after you have demolished the mussels!! A great party favorite or something to eat with a friend as an entree on a cozy night in!! —Laurenzim
Makes one dish
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups white wine
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- French bread or garlic bread toasted for dipping
- Put the ingredients cilantro, chipotle peppers, garlic, and a few grinds of salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until smooth and slowly add in olive oil. Set aside
- In a large pot with lid, add the white wine and bring to a boil. Add in the mussels and cover tightly for 4-6 minutes until the mussels have opened up. Once open, remove from pot and set aside. Throw out and mussels that did not open.
- Bring the wine back to a boil and reduce by almost half. About 15-20 minutes. Once reduced, add in the chipotle mix, sugar and fire roasted tomatoes and cook until combined. Remove from heat. Add mussels back to sauce to combine and then add to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with some more cilantro and serve with yummy crispy bread for dipping and enjoy!!