Author Notes: This blend of chipotle mussels is absolutely delish!! It's a fresh blend of cilantro, chipotle peppers, and fire roasted tomatoe that you can use some tasty garlic bread to soak up the juices after you have demolished the mussels!! A great party favorite or something to eat with a friend as an entree on a cozy night in!! —Laurenzim
Makes one dish
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups white wine
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- French bread or garlic bread toasted for dipping
- Put the ingredients cilantro, chipotle peppers, garlic, and a few grinds of salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until smooth and slowly add in olive oil. Set aside
- In a large pot with lid, add the white wine and bring to a boil. Add in the mussels and cover tightly for 4-6 minutes until the mussels have opened up. Once open, remove from pot and set aside. Throw out and mussels that did not open.
- Bring the wine back to a boil and reduce by almost half. About 15-20 minutes. Once reduced, add in the chipotle mix, sugar and fire roasted tomatoes and cook until combined. Remove from heat. Add mussels back to sauce to combine and then add to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with some more cilantro and serve with yummy crispy bread for dipping and enjoy!!