Author Notes: Transform a few bananas and some cocoa powder into a creamy dairy-free ice cream. My mom made this for me a few summers ago. She tried to trick me into thinking it was regular ice cream. It kinda worked! —Brooklyn Salt
large ripe bananas, peeled
teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cut the bananas into discs, put them on a plate, cover them with plastic wrap and place them in the freezer until they are completely frozen through.
- Blend the frozen bananas in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until it’s completely incorporated. You can add more cocoa powder if you want and throw on any toppings you can think of.
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert