If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe, and many more, can be found on my blog: Baking Backwards! It is easy, vegan, gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free and absolutely awesome. —DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 3 very large frozen bananas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 big dash sea salt
- 10 small pitted Sayer dates (I buy Parnoosh brand honey dates) (about 70g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp gluten free Whiskey (Jack Daniels or Maker's Mark)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries ( I like Stahlbush Farms brand)
- 1 tsp - 1 tbsp chia seeds
- In a food processor, pulse and then blend bananas, dates, vanilla, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder, lemon and chia together until smooth and mixture resembles soft serve with small chewy bits of dates throughout, scraping down the sides with a spoon occasionally. Add whiskey and blend to incorporate. Add frozen raspberries and pulse briefly 3 times to marble the ice cream.
- Serve immediately or pour into a plastic tupperware container and seal shut. Freeze sealed container until ready to serve, I don't recommend freezing for more than a few hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert