If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chili Chocolate Fudgesicles or Milkshakes? Who could make such a decision?!
I highly recommend either, or both! These delicious frozen desserts are gluten-free, vegan, soy-free and easy to make. They are also fruit-sweetened! —DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 3 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 dashes coarse sea salt
- 1.5 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small frozen banana
- 5 small pitted sweet Sayer dates (about 35-40g) (I use Parnoosh honey dates)
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate extract
- 2.5 tsp soy free vegenaise
- 1 small very ripe red Bartlett pear
- 3.5 tbsp unsweetened pear sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender. Pulse ingredients together then scrape down sides and blend again on high speed until smooth. I blended for about 5 minutes in my food processor. Taste! Adjust sweetness by adding more dates if necessary. Add extra cinnamon and chilli powder if not spiced enough. If not chocolatey enough, add extra cocoa and blend.
- Taste! If satisfied, serve mixture either as 2-4 milkshakes immediately, OR spoon mixture into either 4 large popsicle molds or 8 smaller popsicle molds and chill in freezer until frozen. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert