If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: OK…so this “ice cream” has a really long name, but it really pretty much sums it all up! The ingredients for this decadent treat are simple and can easily be stored in your pantry and freezer. I originally made this ice cream for the people in my family that can’t tolerate dairy, however, this ice cream has become so “in-demand” here at home I have to attempt to hide it at the back of the freezer until it’s asked for! —Veggielover
ounces dark chocolate chunks (cut up from a gluten free bar- optional)
cup mixed berries – raspberries, blackberries, cherries, strawberries (slightly defrosted from frozen or fresh)
ounces canned full-fat coconut milk
ounces canned light coconut milk
teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten free - optional)
teaspoon sea salt
- Whisk together coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract, and salt together in a large measuring cup with spout (mine goes up to 5 cups.)
- Start ice cream maker and slowly pour in coconut milk mixture.
- Allow mixture to freeze for 20-25 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency of a really stiff soft serve.
- Pour in berries and chocolate chunks.
- When the berries and chocolate chunks are fairly evenly distributed turn the machine off.
- Scoop ice cream into a freezer safe container and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours (if you can wait that long!) Then it’s ready to serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert