Author Notes: OK…so this “ice cream” has a really long name, but it really pretty much sums it all up! The ingredients for this decadent treat are simple and can easily be stored in your pantry and freezer. I originally made this ice cream for the people in my family that can’t tolerate dairy, however, this ice cream has become so “in-demand” here at home I have to attempt to hide it at the back of the freezer until it’s asked for! —Veggielover
ounces dark chocolate chunks (cut up from a gluten free bar- optional)
cup mixed berries – raspberries, blackberries, cherries, strawberries (slightly defrosted from frozen or fresh)
ounces canned full-fat coconut milk
ounces canned light coconut milk
teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten free - optional)
teaspoon sea salt
- Whisk together coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract, and salt together in a large measuring cup with spout (mine goes up to 5 cups.)
- Start ice cream maker and slowly pour in coconut milk mixture.
- Allow mixture to freeze for 20-25 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency of a really stiff soft serve.
- Pour in berries and chocolate chunks.
- When the berries and chocolate chunks are fairly evenly distributed turn the machine off.
- Scoop ice cream into a freezer safe container and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours (if you can wait that long!) Then it’s ready to serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert