If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegan, simple, tart, sweet and delicious! —TheHealthyFlavor
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups coconut creamer
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine the freshly squeezed lemon juice and apple juice in a large cup and put in the fridge.
- Next, add the almond milk, coconut creamer, sugar, cornstarch and salt to a small pot and turn the heat to medium. As soon as the liquid starts to simmer, whisk for a couple of minutes continuously until the cornstarch and sugar have dissolved. Make sure the cornstarch has dissolved. Turn off the heat and pour the liquid into a bowl and place in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
- Once it is completely chilled, add the liquid, lemon juice mixture and maple syrup to a blender. Pulse just for a minute until well combined. Pour into your ice cream maker and let it run for 25 minutes until a soft serve consistency is reached. Eat now or let firm up in the freezer for 2-3 hours. If it completely freezes, let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
More Great Recipes: Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts