If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my step son had some chocolate mint growing in his back yard and loves chocolate mint ice cream. We put our heads together and came up with this. —jane mcmillan
cup whole milk
cups heavy cream
teaspoons pure vanilla extract
cups chocolate mint leaves
cup mini chocolate chips
shakes or so of green food coloring
- In a medium bowl use a mixer to combine the sugar add milk. Continue to beat on low until the sugar is disolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream, salt, and vanilla.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Next day in the food processor pulse the mint leaves until finely chopped, add vodka, cover and let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Strain the mint vodka mixture thru a coffee filterinto a bowl.
- Put ice cream mixture in an ice cream machine and turn on.
- Add the vodka mixture to cream mixture, last 5 minutes add the food color and the chocolate chips
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert