If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Recipe I learned from my girlfriend's father. It is typically a vegetarian dish, but, to satisfy your meat eaters, you can add chicken or beef to the sauce.
Recipe I learned from my girlfriend's father. It is typically a vegetarian dish, but, to satisfy your meat eaters, you can add chicken or beef to the sauce.—CookingLezzie
Bell pepper (multiple colors, diced)
pound Elbow noodles (or other pasta)
large can of diced tomatoes
- Melt the butter in a skillet on low-medium heat.
- Add in diced onion. Saute until clear.
- Set water to boil for pasta.
- Take the skillet off the heat. Wait about a minute, or until it stops sizzling, and add in the diced tomatoes. If you add in the tomatoes before the skillet stops sizzling, the juices will jump out and bite you, so be careful.
- Stir all the ingredients until the mixture is dispersed evenly throughout.
- (At this point, add in any meat you want in the sauce)
- Add in chili powder until you can smell the spices. You can add as much or as little as you like.
- Place a lid over the sauce and leave it to simmer for the time it takes to make the pasta. By this time, the water you set for the pasta should be boiling. Make the pasta, drain, and mix in with the sauce.
- Spoon out and enjoy!