Author Notes: My best friend's mom always had one of these frozen strawberry fluff pies waiting for us after a long, hard day of summer play. I was always so excited to see her bring it out. The pie is fresh, light as air, and full of chunks of strawberries. I like to dress mine up with extra slices of strawberries, chocolate ganache, and a dollop of whipped cream. This pie can also easily be made gluten free by using gluten free graham cracker crumbs. —Courtney Rowland
For the filling:
large egg whites
ounces frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
ounces whipped topping
For the crust:
tablespoons butter, melted
cups graham cracker crumbs (about 18 whole graham crackers) *Use gluten free if needed
tablespoon water, or more if needed
- Use the 1 Tablespoon of butter to grease 2 9 inch pie pans.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Stir until crumbs start to adhere to each other. If needed, add water by the Tablespoon until crumbs are cohesive. Divide the mixture between the two pans and use your fingers to press it onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- For the filling, place egg whites, strawberries, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat mixture for 15 minutes or until puffed and fluffy. Gently stir in whipped topping and vanilla. Divide mixture evenly between two pans. Wrap tightly with saran wrap then foil and freeze for at least 24 hours or up to 3 months.
- To serve, place the bottom of the pan in extra hot water for about 5 minutes to loosen the crust. Then slice and serve with chocolate syrup, sliced strawberries, and whipped cream, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert