If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the best homemade vegan icecream ever!This is proof magic exists. To be able to make something this decadent without eggs, cream or sugar is truly an overcoming of the laws of nature. This was so rich and delicious and took about five minutes to make. Since becoming vegan I've had to give up my Ben and jerry's pint a day habit, and I can't stand sorbet, so I figured I would make my own. I also wanted something healthier than the other non dairy frozen desserts out there so I started with my favorite fruit, the banana, and worked my way up from there! —celina
- 1.5 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 handful chocolate chips
- 1 drizzle of honey or agave if not sweet enough, as I like rich ice cream
- 1 cup handful sliced almonds
- Freeze your banana for an hour with the skins off.
- Place everything except for the chips and nuts in a food processor and blend until combined but not watery, about 10 seconds or less. Everything should be thick like a mousse or an icing.
- Hand mix in the nuts and chocolate chips and eat immediately! If you like rock hard ice cream, stick it back in the freezer for about 30 minutes and enjoy.