Author Notes: I have combined a couple of recipes together and my family didn't realize it was GF. I This This recipe was inspired by Gluten Free Love's (Clare Fecteau) Best Ever GF Banana Bread. I have added some shredded carrot for color and nutrition. Mixing up the flour improves texture, taste and nutritional content. —insecureepicure
Makes: 2 regular or 4 small loaves
really ripe bananas
carrot, shredded finely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two regular loaf pans or 4 smalll loaf pans with some coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add mashed bananas, sugar, applesauce and vanilla nad mix thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, melt coconut oil gently on stove top.
- Add wet mixture, flours, salt and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients ar moist. Fold in coconut oil, mixing until just blended.
- Pour batter into pans and fill 2/3. Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden or metal skewar comes out clean. Gently remove from pan and cool on cooling rack. I like to slice these once cool and freeze.