If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
I've been making versions of this cookie for many years. In the last two years, I've developed a ganache frosting that sends them to new heights of sweet goodness. Make these cookies on the small side (I use a one-tablespoon scoop) as they are very rich.
I've been making versions of this cookie for many years. In the last two years, I've developed a ganache frosting that sends them to new heights of sweet goodness. Make these cookies on the small side (I use a one-tablespoon scoop) as they are very rich.—MrsWheelbarrow
Makes: about 4 dozen
cup confectioners sugar
cups all purpose flour
cup finely chopped raw, unsalted pistachios
tablespoon almond extract
White Chocolate Ganache
ounces white chocolate
cup heavy cream
tablespoons chopped pistachio
pinches Himalayan Pink Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 and line two cookie sheets with parchment or Silpat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and extract until lightened and smooth.
- Add the flour and beat until smooth. Add the pistachios and beat well until nuts are well distributed.
- Using a scoop or a tablespoon measure, dole out the dough, then roll each in your hand to make a nice round ball. Place on the baking sheets about 1" apart.
- Bake the cookies for 18 minutes, but check after 16 min. The tops should just have started to crack and the bottom should be golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Make the ganache. Heat the cream to just below a simmer, then pour over the chopped white chocolate and allow to sit for a minute.
- Whisk the chocolate with great purpose until the ganache comes together. Dip each cookie top in the chocolate and place on a rack to drip and solidify. Before it hardens completely, sprinkle the tops with nuts and a just a few grains of pink salt.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie