If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthy, protein-packed snack that can be served at any gathering, informal and formal alike. The flavor combinations are endless, but here I present a Cajun-style mix. Feel free to add your own flavor! —anotherfoodieblogger
Food52 Review: WHO: Anotherfoodieblogger is a self-professed "geeky software business analyst" by day, cook by night.
WHAT: A bright chickpea snack for when you're on the go.
HOW: Toss chickpeas in a medley of spices like paprika and cayenne with Parmesan, olive oil, and lime juice, then bake until golden-brown.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Bright and flavorful, these chickpeas make for the perfect work snack that can be made the night before (or morning-of—they're that easy!). Plus, they're the perfect nut-alternative for those with allergies. —The Editors
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon regular paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chickpeas. The mixture will be thick and paste-like. If it seems too thick, drizzle in a little more olive oil.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss to coat. Spread them in a single layer across a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper, then put it in the oven.
- Cook chickpeas for 20 minutes, then mix them around on the baking sheet. Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, checking every five minutes to make sure they don't burn.
- When chickpeas are golden brown, remove from oven and let cool. Store leftovers in a zip-top bag, if you can refrain from eating them all in one sitting.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack