Author Notes: Easy, fast and minty chocolate deliciousness all wrapped up in bars. —TheHealthyFlavor
- 2 cups cocoa krisp cereal
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw amber agave
- 1 tablespoon Dark cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Mint extract
- 1/4 cup Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- Line a loaf pan (9X5) with parchment paper with it hanging over the sides in each direction for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa crisps and chocolate chips.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the almond butter, agave and cocoa. Stir and heat just until the almond butter has melted and mixed well with the other ingredients, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and mint extracts.
- Now, pour the heated mixture over the dry ingredients and stir quickly because it will start to harden.
- Press mixture down flat and hard into the pan with the back of a spoon, spread out evenly. It will be sticky, so if you put a small piece of parchment paper over the top and press down with your hands, it will be easier. Smooth and press the mixture out to the edges.
- Chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes and slice with a sharp knife into bars. Keep them stored in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack