Author Notes: Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, Walnut Butter Balls, Snowball Cookies... Regardless of what you call this little powdery ball of deliciousness, they're a Holiday must have! I spiced up my recipe by adding cinnamon and nutmeg to the dough, and orange zest to the powdered sugar coating. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes: 2 dozen
tablespoons confectioners (powdered) sugar
cups all purpous flour
cup finely chopped walnuts
cup powdered sugar
zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- cream butter and vanilla until smooth
- mix together flour, 6 T sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Stir into butter mixture until just blended (will seem flakey and powdery). Mix in walnuts.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling rack.
- mix together remaining powdered sugar and orange zest. When balls are cool enough to touch (but still warm), roll in powdered sugar.
- Once balls have completely cooled, roll once more in powdered sugar.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie