If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A total Nicoise Frittata would have to include tuna, anchovies and olives which seems rather over the top if not, for some, down right disgusting. Hence the "Demi" whereby only the "Salade Nicoise's" eggs, string beans and boiled potatoes and a little olive oil make up the ingredients.
Frittatas are easy to eat as is, once they are sliced and make a delicious filling when sandwiched into a crusty baguette. Think Eurorail. I like to keep my eggs on the less is more side of cooking but I realize this is a personal preference but do try to keep the eggs from cooking too long so that they do not become leathery. Also this is a small frittata as I only own one teflon pan and it is omelette size. If you have a large crew and a large non stick pan go for it just add more of the ingredients this is not a rocket science recipe. Ooops! I know the grated parmigiano is not, I repeat not Nicoise. —fhp
- 3 well beaten eggs
- 1 medium sized boiled potato
- 1 handful boiled string beans
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano
- pinches salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- If you do not have left over boiled beans and boiled potatoes from yesterdays Nicoise then prepare them now. I boil the beans first in salty water thin plunge into icy water. Into the same boiling water I add a little more salt to boil the whole potato with skin which I then peel after it has cooked. At this point you should turn on your broiler.
- Heat a non stick omelet pan over medium heat, pour in a teaspoon of oil and then pour in your well beaten eggs. Turn down heat and start to place the potaoes and beans onto the fritatta. You can be as artful as you like with this mosaic. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and slide a rubber spatula around the edge of the now firm on the bottom but uncooked on top frittata.
- Now place under the broiler to set and cook the upper part of the frittata. Let it get even a little browned on top but not too much as you want to keep this baby tender.
- Remove pan from oven. Frittata should slide right off the pan. If not help it along with the spatula. Let cool to room temperature. Slice in wedges and either wrap in wax paper or however else you prefer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack