If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I LOVE Granola. This is my favorite recipe for a RAW Granola. Taylor-Make your own version.. Don’t like a certain nut? Omit it Or If you like another dried fruit not listed – add it. —Andrea Taylor
Makes 7 cups
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (soaked for 4 hours & drained)
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 4 hours & drained)
- 1 1/2 almonds (soaked for 4 hours & drained)
- 1 1/2 raw sunflower (soaked for 2 hours & drained)
- 3/4 cup oat flour (grind oats in blender until fine powder)
- 2 tablespoons tbsp ground flax seed (grind in a coffee grinder)
- 3/4 cup dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup cranberries or raisins
- 2 medium granny smith apples, cored and chopped
- 10 large medjool dates, pitted (soaked in hot water for 30 min)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup agave OR 100% REAL maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pulse soaked nuts in food processor until chopped. Place nuts in a large mixing bowl. Add ground oats & flaxseeds to the bowl and combine with the processed nuts and seeds. Stir in coconut and cranberries (or raisins).
- Without cleaning the food processor, add chopped apples, soaked dates, lemon juice, coconut oil, tahini, agave (or REAL maple syrup), vanilla, cinnamon and salt and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the bowl and stir into the nut mixture until thoroughly combined. Spread out onto 2 or 3 Teflex sheets and dehydrate for 8 to 12 hours at 115 degrees F. Flip over onto mesh tray, remove Teflex sheets and dehydrate for another 8 to 12 hours or until dry and crisp. Remove from dehydrator and let cool.
- When cool, break up into small pieces and store until needed in an air tight container. Refrigerated, it will last for a few weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack